Last Modified July 15, 2022
To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. If you register for a premium Service, you will need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
You have choices about the information on your profile, such as your education, work experience, skills, photo, city or area and endorsements, areas of your business, achievements, awards, memberships, friends networks, likes, followers. Some Members may choose to complete a separate premium profile related to their business. You don’t have to provide additional information on your profile; however, profile information helps you to get more from our Services, including helping business owners, service providers, recruiters and business opportunities find you. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
3. Posting and Uploading
We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, such as when you fill out a form, (e.g., with demographic data or age, email, phone number, etc.), respond to a survey, or business request, crowdsourcing, or submit a resume or fill out a job application on our Services. If you opt to import your address book, we receive your contacts (including contact information your service provider(s) or app automatically added to your address book when you communicated with addresses or numbers not already in your list).
If you sync your contacts or calendars with our Services, we will collect your address book and calendar meeting information to keep growing your network by suggesting connections for you and others, and by providing information about events, e.g. times, places, attendees and contacts.
You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to grow and engage with your network over our Services.
4. Information Collected
Realteqs collects information on our users in various ways, such as, by your voluntary submissions, marketing, participation in services provided via the Site and Services, from third parties with your consent, and through cookie and other tracking technology. Realteqs collects the following information:
4.1 Personal Information
"Personal Information" refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. In many cases, we need this information to provide to you many of the services that you may have requested.
4.2 Cellular Phone Numbers
By providing a cellular telephone number to us, you expressly consent to, and authorize us or a third party on our behalf to deliver autodialed or prerecorded telemarketing calls and/or text messages to the number you provide. You are not required to consent to these calls as a condition to purchasing any goods or services but withholding your consent may prevent us from providing certain services to you. This consent encompasses all future autodialed or prerecorded telemarketing calls and text messages from us or a third party placing these calls on our behalf. You may revoke consent to receive text messages at any time by contacting Realteqs, including by texting STOP. However, the permitted use of data is subjected to the prevailing laws of the country.
4.3 Submission of Reviews, Ratings, and Comments
We collect information that you voluntarily provide as part of our Site and Services, including messages, posts, comments, responses, reviews, and ratings you submit through the Site and Services, ("User Generated Content"). Realteqs may in our sole discretion share your User Generated Content with others such as your business reviews. If you do not want certain information shared with others, you should not submit User Generated Content, or should not submit User Generated Content that contains information or Personal Information you do not want shared in this manner. Once You have submitted User Generated Content, we reserve the right to publish it in any medium to others. You and others may post content that includes information about you (as part of articles, posts, comments, videos) on our Services. We also may collect public information about you, such as professional-related news and accomplishments, and make it available as part of our Services, including, as permitted by your settings, in notifications to others of mentions in the news.
4.4 Aggregate Information
We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site and Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as 'cookies' and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Site and Services to make for a better visitor experience.
4.5 Third Party Information
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, payment card or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our products and services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. For example, if you get a TEQSPLUS+ connection request, we track whether you have acted on it and will send you reminders. We also use automatic scanning technology on messages to support and protect our site. For example, we use this technology to suggest possible responses to messages and to manage or block content that violates our User Agreement or Professional Community Policies from our Services.
We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
4.8 Ad Choices
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective.
4.9 Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; the MAC address or other technical information from your mobile device; location information through GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, or similar technologies; and dates and times that our Site and Services are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that 'serve up' webpages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Site and Services may also use technology called "tracer tags". These may also be referred to as "Pixels", "Clear GIFs" or "Web Beacons". This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Site and other ways you interact with our Site and Services, such as purchases made through the Site and Services. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Site and Services for you and other users of our Site and Services. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect.
4.10 Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Realteqs and its portals do not recognize DNT.
4.1 Partners, Related Companies and Other Services
We receive personal data (e.g., your job title and work email address) about you when you use the services of our customers and partners, such as employers or prospective employers and applicant tracking systems providing us job application data, crowdsourcing, etc. We receive data about you when you use some of the other services provided by us or our affiliates.
5. Use of Information
We use data about you (such as your profile, profiles you have viewed or data provided through address book uploads or partner integrations) to help others find your profile, suggest connections for you and others (e.g. Members who share your contacts or job experiences) and enable you to invite others to become a Member and connect with you. You can also opt-in to allow us to use your precise location or proximity to others for certain tasks (e.g. to suggest other nearby Members for you to connect with, calculate the commute to a new job, or notify your connections that you are at a professional event).
It is your choice whether to invite someone to our Services, send a connection request, or allow another Member to become your connection. When you invite someone to connect with you, your invitation will include your network and basic profile information (e.g., name, profile photo, job title, region). We will send invitation reminders to the person you invited. You can choose whether or not to share your own list of connections with your connections.
The information Realteqs collects is used in a variety of ways, including:
• Your profile is fully visible to all Members and customers of our Services. Subject to your settings, it can also be visible to others on or off of our Services (e.g., Visitors to our Services or users of third- party search engines). As detailed in our Help Center, your settings, degree of connection with the viewing Member, the subscriptions they may have, their usage of our Services, access channels and search types (e.g., by name or by keyword) impact the availability of your profile and whether they can view certain fields in your profile.
• When you share an article or a post (e.g., an update, image, video or article) publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere (subject to your settings). Members, Visitors and others will be able to find and see your publicly-shared content, including your name (and photo if you have provided one).
• In a group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile, but you can change visibility in your settings.
• Any information you share through companies’ or other organizations’ pages on our Services will be viewable by it and others who visit those pages.
• When you follow a person or organization, you are visible to others and that “page owner” as a follower.
• We let senders know when you act on their message, subject to your settings where applicable. Subject to your settings, we let a Member know when you view their profile.
• When you like or re-share or comment on another’s content (including ads), others will be able to view these “social actions” and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
• We may refer your data for the following:
• for internal review;
• to improve the Site and Services;
• to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services;
• to verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings;
• to notify you about updates to the Site and Services;
• to let you know about products, services, and promotions that you may be interested in;
• to get reviews and ratings;
• for our marketing purposes and the marketing of discounts offered through our Site and Services by service contractors or health care related providers (collectively "Service Providers");
• to fulfill and provide products and services, including personalized or enhanced services, requested by you; and
• internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission; and to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
We use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
6. Disclosures and Transfers of Information
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
• We have your permission to make the disclosure;
• The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
• The disclosure is to the service provider from whom you purchased services through Realteqs’s platform, including without limitation, Crowdsourcing, Job offers, , and project submissions;
• The disclosure is to financial service providers in order to fulfill and carry out the purchase and provision of goods and services requested by you;
• The disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
• The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with the applicable law;
• The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
• The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes (including, without limitation, for Realteqs to market services to you on third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn), or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
• The disclosure is combined with information collected from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content, and advertising from us or third parties;
• The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Realteqs;
• The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation;
• The disclosure is in our sole discretion about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities or are otherwise in violation of our Realteqs Membership Agreement, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
• The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site and Services, mailing lists, processing orders and delivering products and services, sending postal mail, processing claims for lost or stolen certificates, providing marketing assistance, confirming your identity for review integrity, and data analysis ("Administrative Service Providers"), including Administrative Service Providers outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
How we use your personal data will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in your settings. We use the data that we have about you to provide and personalize our Services, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, so that our Services (including ads) can be more relevant and useful to you and others.
We may also disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Site and Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also share aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services.
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you; (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect the security or integrity of our Services (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of Realteqs/TEQSPLUS+, our Members, personnel or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
7. Choice: Accessing Your Information and Opt-in/Opt-out Requests
To help you review, edit, and control how we use much of the information we collect about you, you can visit your "Manage My Accounts" webpage. On the "Manage My Accounts" webpage, you can update certain information and unsubscribe from receiving specific types of email messages and telephone calls, including autodialed or pre-recorded telemarketing calls placed by us or a third party on our behalf. You may also unsubscribe from our monthly digital magazine, which is a benefit that is included with your subscription. You cannot, however, unsubscribe from receiving certain emails, such as account status and billing related emails, unless you close your account and fulfill any existing contractual obligations.
You can also ask us whether we are keeping information about you; ask how your information is being used; ask us to update or correct your information; or opt-out of our collection and use of certain information by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing us at Help Desk, Realteqs, Address noted here specifying the nature and scope of your request. If you choose to opt-out of the collection and use of certain of your information, you understand that some services, may no longer be available to you, potentially requiring the cancelation of your Membership. Please state in your correspondence the details of your request. We may require proof of your identity before we provide you with the requested information. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have certain data erased, rectified, amended, or completed. Approved requests will be processed within ten (10) days of the date on which we receive the request.
8. Data Security, Integrity, and Access
The Personal Information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our Administrative Service Providers. As we deem appropriate and as required by the applicable law, we use security measures appropriate for the sensitivity of the Personal Information and consistent with industry standards, including physical, organizational and technological protections, such as firewalls, to protect your Personal Information. We also use industry standard encryption technology to protect credit card and password information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, our third party service providers who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above, or any other party that you have provided us with authorization to share such information with.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to otherwise meet any legal requirements.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province/territory, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United Arab Emirates and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer Personal Information to the United Arab Emirates and process and store it there. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United Arab Emirates according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United Arab Emirates. Realteqs may assign you a user ID and a password when you as part of your participation and access to the Site and Services. Your user ID and password may only be used by you and the members of your household. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. You can access and update your login information on your "Manage My Accounts" webpage.
9. Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts to advertising opt-outs and communication controls. We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you.
For personal data that we have about you, you can:
• Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
• Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
• Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
• Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
10. Account Closure
If you choose to close your REALTEQS/TEQSPLUS+ account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our Services within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse (e.g., if we have restricted your account for breach of our Policies), enforce our User Agreement, or fulfill your request to "unsubscribe" from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
11. Credit Card Information
We may share credit card information with trusted third parties in order to bill you for our service. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and payments or to validate your credit card information on file. Credit card information is encrypted during transmission and whenever stored within our systems or with our vendors. In addition to utilizing encryption that meets the stipulated government Certification, we take care to store only the amount of information required to bill you for services.
Our credit card processing vendors use security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it’s complete. Credit card processing vendors are certified as compliant with multiple industry-standard compliance frameworks.
12. Third Party Websites and Links
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information with these third party websites unless you have authorized us to do so, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, Realteqs would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of our customer's privacy on the Internet, Realteqs expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
13. Children's Privacy
Realteqs does not intend the Site and Services to be used by individuals under the age of majority within the jurisdiction within which they reside without the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age. Realteqs relies upon such parents or guardians to determine if the Site and Services is appropriate for the viewing, access, or participation by such individuals under the age of majority. If an individual under the age of majority uses the Site and Services, such individual may only use the Site and Services under the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
14. Other Important Information
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
14.2 Cross-Border Data Transfers
We process data both inside and outside of the United Arab Emirates and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Learn more. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different from, and potentially not as protective as, the laws of your own country.
15. Governing Law; Visitors Residing Outside the United Arab Emirates
16. Privacy Rights applicable for specified Act or Region
• We share information with others as more fully set forth above in Disclosures and Transfers of Information.
• We share your information with other parts of our business and with our service providers. See above: Disclosures and Transfers of Information.
17. Special Privacy Rights
You may contact us with any questions, or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose. See below:
How To Contact us
Attn: Admin/Privacy Officer
Address: Office 116,Al Hilal Bank Building, Al Qusais
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We welcome your questions and comments.